Network monitoring bulletin board and forum

Network monitoring bulletin board and forum

Post by Vigilance Monitorin » Fri, 15 Oct 2004 01:40:25

1. ISO UNIX Bulletin Board Application Does anyone know of any UNIX bulletin board(group thinking)

type software?  My group would like to be able to use our local network to
brainstorm and discuss various issues, much the way standard news works.  In
addition, we would like to be able to limit access to either the whole system,
or optimally to individual discussions.  It would be nice to be able to choose
from a list of topics, read the existing discussion archives, then post your
own 2 cents.  This functionality is common to PC/MAC bulletin boards, but
I can't remember seeing a UNIX implementation.

        I have been told that I could run a local version of NNTP and have
everyone point their news readers to it.  I am not sure how to limit access
if we do this, and it seems awkward to have to repoint your news reader.  We
may windo up doing this, but there HAS to be a better way.

John Tisaranni                          Tel:            (703)883-7418

Workstation System Engineering Center
7525 Colshire Drive, M.S. Z267, McLean, VA 22102

2. HELP against Smurf attacks

3. New HP Monitored HPUX Forum (forums.itrc.hp.com/cm)

4. stopping netbios domain requests with iptables

5. Unix Bulletin Boards

6. Suspend mode kills network

7. Hosting bulletin board on a web site

8. Linux removal problems. Format?

9. ISO UNIX Bulletin Board Type Application

10. FREE Shopping Cart and Bulletin Board

11. New Linux Bulletin Board

12. Ultimate Bulletin Board

13. Network-Assistant.com - Technical/Network Support Forums