Solaris 2.7 need to disable a driver and I am not sure how.

Solaris 2.7 need to disable a driver and I am not sure how.

Post by Linda Pilt » Sun, 17 Dec 2000 06:54:21

Anyone,

I have a driver for an Emulex Card which is used to control access to my EMC
fiber array.

I need to disable this driver to troubleshoot a problem this host is having.

When I installed the host, I used pkgadd to install the software for the
card.  I don't want remove the software, just disable it so that it doesn't
bring the fiber channel online.

The driver is initialized prior to the init phase.

I know there are some entry's in the system file for this driver and of
couse some in /kernel/drv

I commented out the entries in the system file and the system didn't like it
to much.  Basicly it crashed.

I wasn't sure if I need to remove/rename the files in /kernel/drv

Any ideas of what to do?

Thanks in advance,

Linda

Solaris 2.7 need to disable a driver and I am not sure how.

Post by Andrew Gabri » Sun, 17 Dec 2000 07:42:11

Quote:

>I need to disable this driver to troubleshoot a problem this host is having.

You should be able to use the 'exclude' statement in /etc/system
(need to reboot).  Moving the driver binary aside would probably
work too (providing driver not loaded, or you will need to reboot).

--
Andrew Gabriel
Consultant Software Engineer