Is it possible to write an interrupt handler w/o a device driver

Is it possible to write an interrupt handler w/o a device driver

Post by Anders Sk » Tue, 16 Aug 1994 22:07:35

Hi!

I'm writing some routines to play sound under Solaris 2.1 (x86).  They
work great, but I would like to be able to handle interrupts sent
from the soundcard.  Can this be done without writing a device driver ?
(I don't have any docs on device drivers or the SunPro compiler, I'm
using gcc.)

Thanks for any help.

   _
  | |       |                         Anders Skar
  |_|  _   _|  _   _  _      Trondheim College of Engineering

  | | | | |_| |_  |   _|
   Why run Windows when Dosshell is faster and offers taskswitching too?

1. Interrupt handler without a device driver?

Hi!

I'm writing a soundplayer for Solaris 2.1 x86.  I can now play back sound,
but to record sound I need to handle interrupts from the soundcard.

Can I write an interrupt handler (a routine which is called when an
interrupt occurs) without writing a device driver ?

Thanks for any help.

   _
  | |       |                         Anders Skar
  |_|  _   _|  _   _  _      Trondheim College of Engineering

  | | | | |_| |_  |   _|
   Why run Windows when Dosshell is faster and offers taskswitching too?

2. How to start CDE for VNC

3. Is it possible to register Interrupts in device-driver's in non-init entry point

4. Model script for Xerox 4220

5. writing high level interrupt handlers

6. HP DeskJet 500 setup

7. Serializing data & device access across file ops and interrupt handler

8. ** autoconf.h? **

9. driver: interrupt handler not getting called

10. PCI Driver: Many cards, 1 interrupt handler

11. to write or not to write a BLASTED device driver

12. user space device driver can't write to isa device

13. Writing control codes to device through a device driver