Xinerama on 4 displays, 5th display not xinerama - possible?

Xinerama on 4 displays, 5th display not xinerama - possible?

Post by Joel Sprechma » Thu, 09 Jan 2003 08:10:42

Hello,

I have a SunBlade 2000 and have populated both UPA slots with an XVR-1000(2
heads on each).  I then have this connected to a 2x2 FPD, this works great
via:

/dev/fbs/gfb0 -dev /dev/fbs/gfb1 bottom

I'd like to now plug in a PCI card(Expert-3D or PGX64) as a fifth head
display
output. I'd like this display to be the same as the other 1, or virtual
one(made up of 4
video streams)
But I'd like this display to be different than the four XVR-1000
outputs running Xinerama.  Is this even possible? I think so, just don't
know the flags to send Xsun

Attempting a visual representation. Each X is a display. Xinerama is running
on the 2x2.

XX

XX --> X

Thanks