sendmail warning msg

Post by Uwe Wolfr » Thu, 27 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Oh, yes, and then there is a problem annoying me for
quite a long time:

Everytime I send an EMail from a Sparc-workstation to another
one (/var/mail is NFS-mounted from a Solaris 2.6 server, the
workstations
run on 7 with all patches installed) I get this message from syslog:

Jul 25 09:34:30 sun-xxx sendmail[1630]: JAA01628:
  forward /home/user/xxx/.forward: Group writable directory

Ok, according to SunSolve I checked the directories /etc, /var,
/var/spool
for group writability but there was none. Even the user's home
directories don't have the group write flag set.
Any ideas what to do without messing around with the sendmail config
(that's still a black box to me)?

Uwe