Third party Video Cards

Post by peter.. » Thu, 21 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I looked at Sun's site for compatible hardware.  I assumed that because
my Ultra 5 has a PCI based motherboard, it would be somewhat similar to
their Ultra AXi motherboard.  They list a set of compatible video cards
to go with the Ultra AXi motherboard.  On this is the Xpert 98 card.

I bought an Xpert 98 card for my Ultra 5 and it does not work.  In open
boot, it tells me that in PCI slot one there is a card
called "display."  Other than that, it doesnt say much. If I change
the "Screen" variable to point to this, it still doesnt work.

Please help me.  Is there a way to get the Xpert98 card to work on an
Ultra 5, as it does on the AXi motherboard?

Is there a third party video card that I can get that will work?  I
dont want to spend $200 for a way overpriced PGX32 card.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.