Sunlink X.25 on SS20 serial port B

Post by Byron L » Thu, 06 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I set up an X.25 link on serial port A of a SS20. Everything is OK.
Once I switch the connection to serial port B. The LAPB layer didn't
get up at all. I confirmed that the two ports have identical setting.
I use a splitter on the SS20 and the Sunlink X.25 version is 8.0.2.

A distributor in Hong Kong mentioned that serial port A of SS20 can be
used as either async. or sync, but the serial port B is async. only.
That is the reason why port B didn't work. Is it true?

He also said that the SPC board doesn't support X.25. The only
solution to have more that one physical link from a SS20 is to get a
HSI board. Do you have any better suggestion?

Regards,
Byron

Post by Guptila de Sil » Fri, 07 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>I set up an X.25 link on serial port A of a SS20. Everything is OK.
>Once I switch the connection to serial port B. The LAPB layer didn't
>get up at all. I confirmed that the two ports have identical setting.
>I use a splitter on the SS20 and the Sunlink X.25 version is 8.0.2.
>A distributor in Hong Kong mentioned that serial port A of SS20 can be
>used as either async. or sync, but the serial port B is async. only.
>That is the reason why port B didn't work. Is it true?

We have a Sparc Scorpion box and that's how we use it. Serial A works
fine with Sunlink X.25 8.0.2. in our case.

Quote:>He also said that the SPC board doesn't support X.25. The only
>solution to have more that one physical link from a SS20 is to get a
>HSI board. Do you have any better suggestion?

I would verify this before rushing out to buy a HSI board!!
Quote:>Regards,

Post by Byron L » Fri, 07 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>>I set up an X.25 link on serial port A of a SS20. Everything is OK.
>>Once I switch the connection to serial port B. The LAPB layer didn't
>>get up at all. I confirmed that the two ports have identical setting.
>>I use a splitter on the SS20 and the Sunlink X.25 version is 8.0.2.
>>A distributor in Hong Kong mentioned that serial port A of SS20 can be
>>used as either async. or sync, but the serial port B is async. only.
>>That is the reason why port B didn't work. Is it true?
>We have a Sparc Scorpion box and that's how we use it. Serial A works
>fine with Sunlink X.25 8.0.2. in our case.
>>He also said that the SPC board doesn't support X.25. The only
>>solution to have more that one physical link from a SS20 is to get a
>>HSI board. Do you have any better suggestion?
>I would verify this before rushing out to buy a HSI board!!

We did use two HSI boards on another project for high speed
communication before. There are a few reasons that we are redundant to
use it in the current project. Firstly, it is expensive. Secondly, we
only require 19.2 kbps. Thirdly, the physical interface on the other
end is RS232 and the HSI has the RS449. We need a converter or a
special cable to do the convertion.

Last time, we need a back-to-back connection from the SS20 to a Nokia
switch machine which has a V.35 interface. It took our hardware staff
more than a month to tailor make a special cable.

Regards,
Byron

Post by Lupe Christo » Mon, 10 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>I set up an X.25 link on serial port A of a SS20. Everything is OK.
>Once I switch the connection to serial port B. The LAPB layer didn't
>get up at all. I confirmed that the two ports have identical setting.
>I use a splitter on the SS20 and the Sunlink X.25 version is 8.0.2.
>A distributor in Hong Kong mentioned that serial port A of SS20 can be
>used as either async. or sync, but the serial port B is async. only.
>That is the reason why port B didn't work. Is it true?

It is. The 'B' port is missing some clock pin(s). I'm not exactly sure
if it's only one of TC or RC or both.

Quote:>He also said that the SPC board doesn't support X.25. The only
>solution to have more that one physical link from a SS20 is to get a
>HSI board. Do you have any better suggestion?

The SPC board is asynch only. I believe there are some medium-speed sync
boards like the Aurora stuff that run with Sun's X.25. I'm sure Aurora's
boards run with CNT/Brixton's X.25 coz I've set that combo up several times.
--

| "Never enter an arse-kicking contest with a        | s-/+ n+ h f* g+ w+ t+  |
| porcupine", Cohen the Barbarian                    | r+ !y                  |

1. difference between Sunlink x.25 8.0.2 and Solastice x.25 9.2 in lapb_stioc

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any difference in structure
lapb_stioc between x.25 8.0.2 and x.25 9.2 which is used to get
statistics from the LAPb driver.
Our code uses the above structure to check the link statistics .
At present we use x.25 8.0.2.We need to migrate to x.25 9.2.
Any help provided is appreciated...

Regards,
Rajesh

2. UK Linux groups???

3. Wanted: API on top of SunLink X.25 8/9

4. Modem works fine with minicom, network still unreachable

5. Addressing problem when using Sunlink X.25 over LLC2

6. solaris fdisk question

7. Who has SunLink X.25?

8. lpr: unable to get official name for local machine???

9. Help for SunLink X.25 8.0.1 wanted

10. SunLink X.25 for Solaris x86

11. Help with SunLink X.25

12. sunlink x.25 8.0.2 run under solaris 2.6 ?

13. Who has SunLink X.25?