how to make ppp connection in solaris2.4

how to make ppp connection in solaris2.4

Post by Rainny li » Sat, 17 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Now I have successfully dailed up by using the command "tip" in SPARC
5.(i.e. ttyb has configed right).But I don't know how to make a ppp
connection to my isp.And whether the LAN in which SPARC 5 could use this
ppp connection dailing up or not?

please sendmail to me.

1. RH5.1 PPP connection: PPP connection persists, telnet session times out

Ever since I installed RH 5.1 when I connect to an NT Server modem
port and authenticate with PAP/CHAP the physical line connection stays
up as before (5.0) but any telnet session to Unix machines on the same
network time out on inactivity in predictably 2 minutes and 10
seconds.  Since I had no such problems prior to 5.1 I'm wondering why
this is a different animal.  Also it does not help to ping the same
server on a 10 second interval -- the ping keeps on going but again
any telnet session times out.

Would be glad to supply any additional info.  I realize that this is
pretty sketchy but I'm not sure what sort of info would assist.

Thanks,
Kurt Berg

2. 10 or 100

3. Making PPP device persist, even after lost connection?

4. Uniforum volunteers needed

5. Problems with making a PPP connection

6. QUANTUM FIREBALL CRASH ??

7. I need help making a ppp/chap connection

8. How to use libcxx.a instead of libcxx.so

9. Making a @!&# PPP connection to WorldNet

10. Making PPP connection available to all machines in network

11. ppp connection not made

12. Problem making PPP connection since 2 weeks!

13. ? : Making PPP connection thru ISP