ISO: Help solving sun solaris gnome problem with fonts

ISO: Help solving sun solaris gnome problem with fonts

Post by Larry W. Virde » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 03:43:00

A user contacted me about a rather peculiar problem. He is using sparc
solaris 8, with sun's gnome.  When he starts up dtmail (and a few other
apps), the font used is larger than the fonts being used by xterm, etc.

He cannot find anything in his environment that would set the fonts for
dtmail, eclipse, etc. but leave his xterms, etc. alone.

In fact, eclipse is really strange - one of its windows uses the font
he wishes to use (and that show up in xterm), while the rest of the
eclipse windows use the same font as dtmail.

So, I googled this newsgroup's archives, and found lots of people
asking, but few if any real answers to the question "how does one go
about changing the font being used by dtmail".

Has anyone out there ever solved this problem?

1. ISO ISO ISO ISO HELP

I checked Redhat's installation site and they don't give the correct
directory on their FTP site to get the ISO image.  Which image should I
get for a bootable image?    There is a zoot-i386.iso and there is also
a redhat-6.2-i386.iso -- what does each contain????

It is a big download either way, even on a fast connection.  Any help
would be appreciated.

--
Dave Burns

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Trouble with insmod...

3. ISO: help for user with 2 button trackball using sparc solaris 8 gnome 2.0

4. compiling KDE 2.0

5. Trying to solve problem with Solaris GNOME metacity state

6. xview under redhat 5.1

7. solaris 9 12/3: reading on-disk sun-doc (sun-netscape): font WAY too small

8. Help! lockup under load

9. iso-8859-15 X11 fonts on Solaris 9?

10. ISO Latin2 (Central Europe) Times Italic font is buggy on Solaris 7

11. Does Sun still have Solaris 9 ISO's available for downloading?

12. Sun CDE font problem.. Need help

13. missing truetype fonts in Gnome 2.0 but not Gnome 1.4