How to uninstall a software package?

Post by Fan Ruo Xi » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 22:50:48

Regards,
Fan Ruo Xin

Post by kn?kman » Sun, 10 Feb 2002 00:59:38

> Regards,
> Fan Ruo Xin

man pkgrm

How to uninstall a software package?

Post by Jose Luis Ric » Sat, 16 Feb 2002 16:54:29

To uninstall a software package. Loggin as root and type pkgrm. or type
pkgrm package_name.

Regards
Jose L.

> Regards,
> Fan Ruo Xin

1. How to uninstall software package

Hi,

I installed Yggdrasil plug-and-play Linux summer 1994 release CD-ROM
last week.  I installed a custom configuration, so other un-installed
software would run from the mounted CD.  However, yesterday I began
some selective installation (using control_panel under X) of certain
software packages (eg. gcc) but ran out of space for Emacs.  It seems
that the installation proceeded anyways.  So now, I have a half
installed Emacs that won't work under X windows anymore.  I can't
just delete the files because I want to point back at the CD-ROM for
starting Emacs.  On top of that, I have no more drive space.  How
can I un-install Emacs and make it point back to the CD-ROM?  Any

Regards,

2. Unix - Frequently Asked Questions (5/7) [Frequent posting]

3. uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux

4. SBPCD help

5. Software Package Free! ... about our Free Software

6. Configuration of swap space

7. uninstall package from redhat 4.2

8. Modem dialin and PPP

9. HELP: How do I uninstall package?

10. Install & Uninstall packages in Red Hat

11. Uninstall Packages - How?

12. Mandrake 9.0 Package install/uninstall from the internet

13. Uninstall "compat-glibc-6.2-2.1.3.2" package