NFS performance

Post by star nig » Wed, 01 Aug 2001 05:50:17

I am having NFS performace issue with one account. The user is mapping
unix dir to pc using Samba. The performance of other users with more
data than the one having problem is OK. Is there anything to check
specifically for this user?

Thanks. SN

NFS performance

Post by Mathew Kirsc » Wed, 01 Aug 2001 23:57:25

> I am having NFS performace issue with one account. The user is mapping
> unix dir to pc using Samba. The performance of other users with more
> data than the one having problem is OK. Is there anything to check
> specifically for this user?

I'm sorry, but UNIX doesn't have an, "I hate this user so I'm gonna go slowly
for him and him only," function. It's either all or nothing. If there are
performance issues with one user, the performance issues are on his PC, not on
your server.

You are saying that everybody else can mount UNIX directories via samba with
no problems, right?

NFS performance

Post by Marvi » Fri, 03 Aug 2001 23:52:56

Quote:> I am having NFS performace issue with one account. The user is mapping
> unix dir to pc using Samba. The performance of other users with more
> data than the one having problem is OK. Is there anything to check
> specifically for this user?

> Thanks. SN

The Samba itself is a performance issue. Try use NFS instead using NFS
Client on windows

1. NFS performance solaris client, linux server

Hi,
   I have ordered a 1 terabyte IDE raid which will run on Red Hat
Linux 7.2.
I will create filesystems overed over NFS to a Solaris 2.8 (SunOS?)
server.
Files will be written from tape using tar to the filesystem and when
it is all done they will be requested randomnly by an application. One
file at a time (typical size 1-2MB).

   Can you give any performance tips, mount parameters and any other
parameters that I need to consider in the configuration of NFS for
this linux/solaris combination.  White papers or other articles would
be great.

thanks!

Tim

2. How to cause a watchdog reset?

3. Improving NFS performance.

4. Help compiling DOSEMU

5. NFS performance tuning for stress test...

6. Convert date format in a .csv file?

7. poor NFS performance

8. Booting problems

9. Stupid (?) NFS performance question.

10. Poor NFS performance in SCO Unixware 2.1.2

11. Expected NFS Performance?

12. NFS performance problem

13. NFS performance limited due to very high kernel% usage