max clients

Post by Ric » Wed, 26 May 2004 07:23:50

Im running Solaris 5.8 and keep get Max Clients reached.  I have to close
windows or app's before I can continue.  Isnt there a setting in /etc that
will increase the numbers of clients?  How do I fix this?

Thanks

Rick

max clients

Post by Alan Coopersmit » Wed, 26 May 2004 08:13:35

|Im running Solaris 5.8 and keep get Max Clients reached.  I have to close
|windows or app's before I can continue.  Isnt there a setting in /etc that
|will increase the numbers of clients?  How do I fix this?

For the X server, you add "-clients 1024" to the Xsun command line
(normally in /etc/dt/config/Xservers - copy it from
/usr/dt/config/Xservers if it doesn't exist).  1024 is the default
on S9 and later.  (No other values are valid besides the S8 default of
128 and 1024.)

max clients

Post by slr » Wed, 26 May 2004 08:11:16

Quote:>Im running Solaris 5.8 and keep get Max Clients reached.  I have to close
>windows or app's before I can continue.  Isnt there a setting in /etc that
>will increase the numbers of clients?  How do I fix this?

Are you using GNOME?  If so, the below should be in the docs...
Furthermore, specify your memory, swap, as more info. as possible so
others can assist.

For the Solaris 8 OE, the number of shared memory segments must be at
least 256, or 100 hexadecimal. If this parameter is not set, or is set
to less than 256, then the Install Wizard notifies you during the
installation that you must set this parameter. Perform the following
steps to set this parameter:

Add the following line to the /etc/system file:

set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg = 0x100

Reboot the system.

For more information about the system file, use the following command
to view the relevant manpage:

man -s4 system

--
 slrn is a command line newsreader.
 please reply, to the newsgroup(s).

max clients

Post by slr » Wed, 26 May 2004 08:32:22

Quote:>Im running Solaris 5.8 and keep get Max Clients reached.  I have to close
>windows or app's before I can continue.  Isnt there a setting in /etc that
>will increase the numbers of clients?  How do I fix this?

A couple more resources...
http://www.science.uva.nl/pub/solaris/solaris2.html
...or the obvious www.science.uva.nl/pub/solaris/solaris2.html
section 7.4

--

Post by slr » Wed, 26 May 2004 08:39:33

Quote:>Im running Solaris 5.8 and keep get Max Clients reached.  I have to close
>windows or app's before I can continue.  Isnt there a setting in /etc that
>will increase the numbers of clients?  How do I fix this?

Try http://www.science.uva.nl/pub/solaris/solaris2.html
section 7.4

--

Post by Casper H.S. Di » Wed, 26 May 2004 19:44:00

>Im running Solaris 5.8 and keep get Max Clients reached.  I have to close
>windows or app's before I can continue.  Isnt there a setting in /etc that
>will increase the numbers of clients?  How do I fix this?

Xsun -clients 1024 (set in /etc/dt/config/Xservers)

Casper
be fiction rather than truth.

1. Max clients per server (port limitations)

Can someone give me a quick explanation as to the total number of clients
any given TCP/IP box can theoretically handle?  I'm thinking that since a
TCP header has space for a 16bit port number, that allows for 65,536 total
available ports.  Assuming each client uses one port, that allows for 65,536
possible clients, prolly minus a few.

Is this true?  Is there a way around this limitation?  Just curious.

2. Best C/C++ Programming Books

3. Max Client of Apache 1.3.6

4. Will Linux stagnate like MS?

5. xlib max clients reached

6. Cyrix Chips and Freebsd?

7. Help: Max No. of clients supported...

8. why NCD is so hard to use?

9. 1 * RAGzxGgyn-Help: Max No. of clients supported...

10. Limit Max number of clients with CERN

11. Max Nr Clients Reached

12. max voulme size for linux-nfs client (version 3.0)?

13. Help: Max No. of clients supported...