Installing Solaris x86 2.4

Post by Bruce Adler [Contracto » Sat, 30 Sep 1995 04:00:00

>I've been trying to install the Solaris x86 2.4 on my computer but my
>CD-ROM is not recognized by the boot diskette.

>I have the all of the hardware as listed in the Solaris' hardware
>compatibility list, including:

>  CD-ROM - Sony CDU55s

Are you certain about that model number?  My list of Sony CDROM drives
doesn't show one with the "s" suffix (and Sony's web page doesn't list
it either).  Perhaps you meant the CDU-55E model.  That's an ATAPI/IDE
drive.  You need the latest Driver Update release in order to install
using an ATAPI/IDE CDROM drive.

BA