IP-in-IP tunnel configuration between to Solaris 2.5 SPARCstations

Post by Graeme N Brow » Sat, 25 Oct 1997 04:00:00

IP-in-IP tunnel configuration between to Solaris 2.5 SPARCstations
(Graeme N Brown , Thu 4:49 pm)

Can anyone please point me in the right direction as how to
configure an IP-in-IP tunnel between two Solaris 2.5 SPARCstations
equipped with multiple network interfaces (thus acting as routers)

TIA

Graeme N Brown
BT labs, UK

IP-in-IP tunnel configuration between to Solaris 2.5 SPARCstations

Post by ilab » Sat, 25 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Can anyone please point me in the right direction as how to
> configure an IP-in-IP tunnel between two Solaris 2.5 SPARCstations

As far as I know there is no implementation of general-purpose tunneling
for solaris. We did a search for this too.
The only tunneling that exist comes with certain multicast routing
deamons. These tunnels are only seen by the multicast routing deamon and
cannot be used to send regular unicast traffic.

Wim.