Im trying to land a jod doing QA Does anyone know where I can find?

Im trying to land a jod doing QA Does anyone know where I can find?

Post by PFema » Thu, 21 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I need to find some place that describes info in detail about different
hardware, operating systems and also some computer languages in detail.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

HI there,

In about march we should be getting a second PC in our house. I was
concidering trying to network the two machines. One of the machines
is going to be a DOS/Windows affair while the other one is hoping
to become a DOS and Linux setup. I have a few questions that I hope
that someone out there can answer. (The kind of network I'm concid-
ering is peer-to-peer, I think)

1) Using Novell Netware light on the DOS/Windows machine, could it
connect to the Linux machine using standard networking stuff? Would
I be able to have netware on my DOS partition of my Linux/DOS machine
so that when I boot it up using DOS I'm still connected?

2) If I were using the Linux front end for DOOM, could I still play
a multiplayer game across the network? Or would I have to go back to
DOS?

3) Just out of curiosity, could anyone give me info on cost. I've
got a home made estimate (made from various sources) of :

Cabling (roughly)                               :20
                                                ----
Total                                           136

This is a rough estimate, if anyone can confirm or deny this value
please set me straight.

Answers would be much appersiated as it will influence my decision
as to weather to get the network and/or to get Linux.

TTFN and TC, Michael Dales

-'Damn you and your networking problems Q!'-Picard

2. Drivers for a Sony Discman CD-ROM drive?

3. DataFlex 3.0x for dos - anyone tried this on dosemu, networked to Novell/NT/LanManager

4. AIX 4.[23].x system requirements?

5. Does anyone know anything about LOCUS' DOS MERGE running on Linux

6. Multicast Questions

7. Anyone know an app that's capable of doing this?

8. PPP dial-up connection with RH5.2

9. Anyone know how Jason's doing...?

10. to know DOS is to know Unix?

11. Kein CDROM-Support im DOS-Modus

12. Im trying to find the RPM for apache-1.3.3.i386

13. Im a beginner done some c programing on turbo c