get the line number of the source code from excutable file

get the line number of the source code from excutable file

Post by Dengshan Wa » Mon, 10 Jun 1996 04:00:00

   I have to extract some line information from the excutable file(?).
   The elf format should have .line section that include the line
   information (I use gcc compiler). But It was not there. Then how
   can I get the line info?

    I noticed that there is linenum.h at /usr/include directory. How
    can I use it?

    If anyone who knows that, please help me out. I really appreciate.

    Dengshan Wang

get the line number of the source code from excutable file

Post by Dengshan Wa » Sat, 15 Jun 1996 04:00:00

   Is there any way I can get the line number information from the elf
   format file? I noticed that there should be a .line section in
   executable file. But it was not there. Does anybody here know
   where I can extract the line number information from the object file?

   Thanks a lot

   Dengshan