Sparcworks C/C++: unsigned char vs signed char

Sparcworks C/C++: unsigned char vs signed char

Post by Mahesh Neelakan » Thu, 20 Oct 1994 02:23:36

Does anyone know of a way I can tell the Sparcworks compiler to make all
'chars' unsigned instead of signed (like the -funsigned-char flag under
the GNU C compiler)? I have a whole bunch of code that already exists that
expect char's to be unsigned but just declare variables as 'char'. Else
is there a portable way of using typedef's + #defines to trick the compiler?

thanks,
mahesh

1. Sun Workshop C Compiler ("char" as "unsigned char") ?

Hi,

We use the Sun Workshop C Compiler (sorry, I dont know the version
cause Im not at the box, yet) on
SunOS 5.5 and 5.6.

Is there a way to handle a plain "char" datatype as "unsigned char" via
command line option?
I watched out for a compiler flag in the man pages and in online help,
but I havent found anything.

Does anybody know about such compiler option?
Thanks!!!

-Volker-

--
################################
 sender: Volker Dormeyer

################################

2. File name completion in C?

3. pointer of 'unsigned char' == 'char'!?

4. IndexOptions quesitons

5. unsigned char to a char* conversion ?

6. Xconfig for COMpaq QVISION Video Controller

7. Possible bug in cc involving signed/unsigned chars

8. PCMCIA to buy: any suggestion??

9. What's the default type in AIX between signed and unsigned char ?

10. char *strcasestr(char *haystack, char *needle) a simple case independent strstr()

11. Gnu C++ stream.h char* form(const char*, ...)

12. char * in network byte order to unsigned long int

13. how to split an unsigned buffer char