Console lock up with Lantronix Console Server SCS3200

Console lock up with Lantronix Console Server SCS3200

Post by lett.. » Thu, 19 May 2005 04:58:35

I am having issues with the consoles on my Sun's.  The problems have
started since I connected the consoles to a Lantronix Console server,
SCS3200.

My Sun's are 2 flavors: serial port is a DB25 connection or a RJ45
connection.

My 220R/280R's use the DB25's.  These consoles work for awhile, but
then the consoles just lock up.  Even if I disconnect the console from
the Lantroix and hook it to a laptop, the console is still dead.  Its
like Solaris has disabled it or something.  But if I reboot the sun,
the console works again for a bit.

My V210's have the RJ45 connections.  They die after a while also, but
with these, if I HUP the console process, the console wakes back up and
starts to work again.

Does anyone have any ideas ?  All of these suns work fine if I do not
connect them to the Lantronix box.

Thanks,

Paul

1. XScreenSaver lock -> lock console

Hi,

I have a big screensaver problem with my PC running Redhat 7.1, kernel
version: 2.4.2-2. My problem is when xscreensaver tries to lock the
screen and I guess it activated the power save mode too. Then the whole
screen is blank and the monitor seems to be in the safe mode. But I
can't wake it up and get my desktop again. I can not even go to other
TTY (key F1-F7). I don't understand why.

I have upgraded the gnome came with 7.1 with Ximian RedCarpet. The GMC
version: and Nautilus version:

Until now, I am always using Ximian RedCarpet Updater thinking it won't
break anything else. However, Xscreensaver package is offered in 2
channel: Redhat 7.1 (xscreensaver 3.29-3) and Ximian Desktop
(xscreensaver 4.05-1.ximian.1). They are different version, at first I
tried Ximian Desktop but gave me the problem and I also tried the other
one, still the same. So the problem might not exist in the xscreensaver
package directly. But it might be combination of the redcarpet packages.

Does anybody ever experience the same problem? Any solutions? Thanks in
advance.

Kuas.

2. Dumb question relating to Tkdesk

3. "*FvwmTaskBar: cannot open console" Console?? Why??

4. Parallel port programming... pins 12 and 13 not working

5. USB console possible? Console over IP ??

6. ISA modem, COM port and IRQ question

7. How do I make linux console act EXACTLY like sco console?

8. Executing code the first time a .so is loaded (not _init)

9. Change of console Name from syscon to console

10. Moving Console to ASCII Terminal(from a GX Console).

11. sb100 won't find console drivers...no console display/dtlogin

12. serial console & real console

13. console fonts vs. console characters?