package questions

Post by Chorbala » Wed, 07 Apr 2004 00:18:06

How to check with package a file belongs to ?
How to list all files in a package ?

package questions

Post by Philip Morte » Wed, 07 Apr 2004 00:55:16

> How to check with package a file belongs to ?

pkgchk -l -p full_path_of_file

Quote:> How to list all files in a package ?

pkgchk -v packagename

--
Philip Morten
WebSphere MQ Packaging & Installation

package questions

Post by Mark Danie » Fri, 09 Apr 2004 01:37:36

> How to check with package a file belongs to ?
> How to list all files in a package ?

Either a variation on 'pkgchk' or simply query /var/sadm/install/contents.

Mark

1. outputting installed rpm packages question

What I would like to do is have a commandline that outputs
the list of names of installed rpm packages
that match a wildcard expression such as "kde*",
which would be all the installed package names that start with "kde".
The best I could do so far is to do this at the cmdline "rpm -qa |
sort",
which lets me see the packages sorted alphabetically, but lists all the
packages.
If anyone knows how to accomplish this please let me know.

Thanks,
--Rick

2. mp3's not working for sb vibra 16

3. An advanced SVR4 package question (for guru's).

4. HELP: Cannot login

5. RPM Packages Question

6. Buying MODEM for Linux: advice needed

7. Package question

8. getting current cmu-snmp implementation version ?

9. Solaris packages question

10. Quota package question

11. Software Packaging Question

12. Packages question