HELP with Mail

Post by vela.. » Thu, 18 Apr 1996 04:00:00

We have a Sun Sparc5 and are attempting to use it as our Internet DNS, WWW,
and Mail server, but are having a little bit of difficulty.

I think I've got the DNS working properly...I haven't found a domain we couldn't
connect to yet.

However, we are having a lot of difficulty getting mail out/in to a few domains.
I've set up the machine so users can connect via POP3.  When the mail is
attempted to be sent out by the Sun Machine (for example to aol.com) it fails
and is returned by the Mailer-Daemon (Cannot send message for 3 days).
Other failed domains include: everywhere.com, compuserve.com.

Transcript of Session shows differing mesages:
        250 mailhost via ether... 250 Deferred
                or
        421 compuserve.com: Connection refused by compuserve.com

It's seems we must be doing something wrong on our end.

Any suggestions including online or paper resources would be most appreciated!

Thanks

1. HELP-HELP-HELP: intranet mail

Hello, I'm coming with some questions... :)

I want to build intranet email. What kind of software that I need?
What is the differ qmail and sendmail?

Now I have a linux redhat 2.0.32 with samba, ip_masq, apache installed
already. How I start to install intranet mail? Please guide me step by
step.

This is my opinion, please correct if i'm wrong. The software that I
will install will provide pop3. And every client in LAN can send email

clients (win95) in the LAN could use email client like eudora or
pegasus for send and receive email. IS IT CORRECT?

Thanks for your response, bye

2. Dual Athlon MP or Xeon?

3. Help Help with Mail Question

4. Wierd slow machines...

5. Thanks for the Help [was Help Been Mail Bombed!]

6. nispasswd in NIS+ subdomains; any ideas on how to make it work?

7. HELP with MAIL

8. AT&T UNIX machine help needed

9. email help using MAIL/SENDMAIL

10. HELP - no mail for any new users

11. Help mounting mail under Solaris 2.3

12. help with mail

13. Help with mail, stopped receiving