Solaris Can't Stat Error

Post by Kord Campbel » Sat, 06 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Ok.  I'm running Solaris 2.5 on a Sparc 5 clone with these
hard drives installed:

0. c0t1d0 <MICROP-1991-271128RA-28RA cyl 3843 alt 2 hd 27 sec 171>

1. c0t2d0 <MICROP-4421-070329SJ-0329 cyl 3460 alt 2 hd 7 sec 173>

2. c0t3d0 <Aries1.06 cyl 3978 alt 2 hd 5 sec 104>

On the second disk, I am having a problem getting partitions
4,5 and 6 to fsck.  Here's the message that I am getting when
I do a fsck /dev/rdsk/c0t2d0s4 after creating a file system on it:

        Can't stat /dev/rdsk/c0t2d0s4

The weird thing is that when I repartition, I can successfully
fsck all the other partitions.  Even after running drvconfig; disks
to remake the drivers, it still doesn't work.  I guess I could
just use the other partitions, but that just seems half-assed.

I haven't the foggest where to go from here, any ideas????

Thanks,

Kord

Kord Campbell                          The Internet Shop

www.theshop.net/kord       Static Images: (405) 848-5477

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 2 tons."
                           -Popular Mechanics, 1947

Solaris Can't Stat Error

Post by Andrew Gabri » Sun, 07 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>On the second disk, I am having a problem getting partitions
>4,5 and 6 to fsck.  Here's the message that I am getting when
>I do a fsck /dev/rdsk/c0t2d0s4 after creating a file system on it:

>    Can't stat /dev/rdsk/c0t2d0s4

>The weird thing is that when I repartition, I can successfully
>fsck all the other partitions.  Even after running drvconfig; disks
>to remake the drivers, it still doesn't work.  I guess I could
>just use the other partitions, but that just seems half-assed.

>I haven't the foggest where to go from here, any ideas????

I would start by seeing what the following do...

ls -l /dev/rdsk/c0t2d0s?
ls -lL /dev/rdsk/c0t2d0s?
prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c0t2d0s2

--

1. Runtime Error: can't resolve symbol 'stat'

I just upgraded to ELF5.  I also ftp'd Lasermoon's new ELF Motif binaries
and libraries.  Well I get a runtime error on the ap I wrote and also all the
demos that were include with motif.

xvideoblaster: can't resolve symbol 'stat'

also filemanager exits with
filemanager: can't resolve symbol 'stat'
stat is a common function used to get file information.  It's used in any
program that lists files on a hard drive.  I tested all the source I have
evel downloaded stuff... MAN anything that uses 'stat' will give me an error.
I installed the new ELF5 on a virgin system from a CDROM.
Please Help!!!!!!
I posted this here because no one knew what I was talking abount at
com.os.linux.development.apps

2. awk or better....

3. mkfs 'stat' error

4. jumpstart panic

5. 'stat' syscall added to kernel causes null pointer error

6. iptables and Torrents

7. IRIX 'stat' command equivalent on solaris ?

8. Question Regarding SYMON utility for system management

9. It's not bad canned meat...

10. converting 'struct stat' to 'struct __old_kernel_stat'?

11. 'X Error: BadRequest' using 'xv' on Solaris 2.4

12. Can't stat on solaris 8