IDE tape drive support for Sun Ultra-5?

Post by Rich Tee » Thu, 08 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Anybody know if you can use an IDE tape drive (e.g. Iomega Ditto
> or equivalent) in the new PCI-based Sun Ultra-5?

Not unless there's a PCI IDE card; even then I guess it'd need
driver support.

Quote:> We're looking for a simple backup solution for single desktop
> users.

What - you mean a tape drive for each machine?  If so,
why not have each user's home directory on a central
server, and just back up that?  It'll probably be cheaper,
and besides: The Network is The Computer!

--
Rich Teer

If it ain't analogue, it ain't music.

Risc Key Developments Ltd