Need help!! for mail problem

Post by King How » Tue, 22 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know what determine the name on the From <--line
when sending mail.
Put more simple how do I make all my mail look like this

|American Direct Mail(ADM) 350 Hudson Street, NY 11014   |

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Need help!! for mail problem

Post by King How » Tue, 22 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know what determine the name on the From <--line
when sending mail.
Put more simple how do I make all my mail look like this

|American Direct Mail(ADM) 350 Hudson Street, NY 11014   |

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Need help!! for mail problem

Post by Steve Menar » Thu, 24 Aug 2000 10:29:42

1st. Pick up the sendmail manual. The O'reilly book is really the bible.
You will need to check the rewrite rules in the sendmail.cf file. I believe
it is rule set 1 rule set 3 and you also have the S= flag to set. I am not
a sendmail expert by any means. But I have a prety dog eared manual. These
rules can get very hard to read and follow.

Steve.

> Does anyone know what determine the name on the From <--line
> when sending mail.
> Put more simple how do I make all my mail look like this

> --

> |American Direct Mail(ADM) 350 Hudson Street, NY 11014   |

Need help!! for mail problem

Post by Hemant Sharm » Thu, 24 Aug 2000 15:21:44

Dm and Dj variable do that .See the sendmail.cf file details.

Also check the sendmail FAQs for other questions you might have at

http://www.adminschoice.com  in unix & solaris section.

Hemant Sharma
www.adminschoice.com
The best of web for sysadmins.