help with making a package

Post by Wim Alsemgees » Mon, 20 May 2002 03:43:39

I am trying to make a script that buids the
pkginfo file
pkgproto file
example checkinstall
example preinstall
example postinstall
example preremove
example postremove

For this purpose I like to have a example of a simple pre-/post-install
and a exaple of a simple pre-/post-remove

Can someone help me with this?

Greetings,
Wim Alsemgeest

help with making a package

Post by Ken Gra » Mon, 20 May 2002 02:35:27

Quote:> I am trying to make a script that buids the
> pkginfo file
> pkgproto file
> example checkinstall
> example preinstall
> example postinstall
> example preremove
> example postremove

> For this purpose I like to have a example of a simple pre-/post-install
> and a exaple of a simple pre-/post-remove

Long URL follows:

Query=packaging+OR+developer&oqt=packaging+developer&Ab2Lang=C&Ab2Enc=iso
-8859-1

Should get you going.

--
Ken

Real address: krgray at bellatlantic dot net
--------------------------

"Only fools are positive"
"Are you sure?"
"I'm positive!"

help with making a package

Post by Hemant Shar » Mon, 20 May 2002 05:13:23

You can visit www.sunfreeware.com for complete procedure of creating
solaris packages.

Hemant Sharm
http://www.adminschoice.com
"Whenever you need a helping hand --there is one at the end of your
arm!!"

> I am trying to make a script that buids the
> pkginfo file
> pkgproto file
> example checkinstall
> example preinstall
> example postinstall
> example preremove
> example postremove

> For this purpose I like to have a example of a simple pre-/post-install
> and a exaple of a simple pre-/post-remove

> Can someone help me with this?

> Greetings,
> Wim Alsemgeest

help with making a package

Post by Rich Tee » Mon, 20 May 2002 06:24:28

Quote:> You can visit www.sunfreeware.com for complete procedure of creating
> solaris packages.

> Hemant Sharm
> http://www.adminschoice.com
> "Whenever you need a helping hand --there is one at the end of your
> arm!!"

Hermet, I find you answers useful, but would you please stop top
posting?

Rich Teer

President,
Rite Online Inc.

Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638

help with making a package

Post by ger.. » Mon, 20 May 2002 23:50:02

Quote:> You can visit www.sunfreeware.com for complete procedure of creating
> solaris packages.

I have to say that its FAR from complete but its definitely a
good start and sufficient : >

>> I am trying to make a script that buids the
>> pkginfo file
>> pkgproto file
>> example checkinstall
>> example preinstall
>> example postinstall
>> example preremove
>> example postremove

>> For this purpose I like to have a example of a simple pre-/post-install
>> and a exaple of a simple pre-/post-remove

>> Can someone help me with this?

>> Greetings,
>> Wim Alsemgeest

1. Making a dual 16/32bit package for Solaris 9

I've made a couple of packages for Solaris 9 for my software, one
32bit and one 64bit.  I'm told most Solaris packages actually have
*both* 32bit and 64bit binaries rolled into the same package.

It looks like the package system has the ability to have multiple
sub-packages in the same file, but the make_package script doesn't
allow me to do this.  I'd like it to list the 32bit and 64bit packages
and allow you to install one/both.  I've tried to make it do it but
building one package always seems to overwrite the other one, so
whatever make_package is calling doesn't give me the option to add
both to the end result.

Is what I'm trying to do feasable?

2. Accessing SCOHTTP via Character Terminal rather than SCOHELP(Xterm)

3. Making a package with pkgmk/pkgproto

4. Finger v Who

5. Q: Making Packages?

6. Sound Blaster 32 installation