Want: Oracle 9i installation guide for Solaris 9

Want: Oracle 9i installation guide for Solaris 9

Post by pcma » Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:05:05

Dear all,

Can anybody tell me where can I get Oracle 9i for solaris 9 installation guide?

Otherwise, any Oracle 10g installation guide for solaris 9 availabel??

Pls help me!
thanks!

Post by Doug McIntyr » Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:22:38

>Can anybody tell me where can I get Oracle 9i for solaris 9 installation guide?

http://otn.oracle.com/ Click on documentation.

Document # A96167-01 is the Oracle9i installation guide release 2 for Unix systems.

Quote:>Otherwise, any Oracle 10g installation guide for solaris 9 availabel??

Same place. Document #B10814-01 is for Solaris, B10811-01 is for Unix systems.

--

                   Network Engineer/Jack of All Trades
                      Vector Internet Services, Inc.

1. Installation problems with C-compiler and Oracle 9i on Solaris 8 on a SunFire V100

We have purchased a SunFire V100 for running Java and Oracle, and last
week I tried to installe Forte Developer 6 (needed the C compiler, the
CD may be have labeled differently), and today I have tried installing
Oracle 9i for Solaris 64-bit.

The Oracle installation went through well, but the DBCA was stuck midway
when trying to create the default database (I could stop it).  First
time I let it wait for 3 hours to finish before stopping it.

The Forte installation froze on 6% on installing (tried 3-4 times both
in GUI and text), but I apparently had the C-compiler available and I
have been using it.

Are these caused by the same?  It has been a couple of years since I did
SA on Solaris, so I am a bit rusty on the details.

The Solaris is preinstalled by Sun, and works well.  I have my self set
up DiskSuite to mirror the disk.

Thanks for any ideas.

--
   Thorbj?rn

2. Problem booting - harddisk detection sparc10 with debian 3.0

3. Guide for Oracle 10g installation on Solaris 10 GA?

4. libXpm.so.4

5. Oracle 9i installation

6. NATD and FreeBSD

7. AIX 5L Oracle 8.1.7, Oracle 9i and HACMP 4.5

8. Robots.txt -- people are searching for this

9. V480, Solaris 8, Oracle 9i : IMP (import without indexing) takes extremly long

10. Does Oracle 9i run on Solaris 2.6?

11. free memory / swap issues with oracle 9i and solaris 9

12. Uninstall Oracle 9i from Solaris 8

13. need to create /u01 etc for Oracle 9i on Solaris 8