Veritas VM: GUI option for Capacity monitoring?

Veritas VM: GUI option for Capacity monitoring?

Post by Toni » Sun, 22 Aug 2004 04:15:50

I was looking at the GUI for VXVM, which I don't use often as I prefer
CLI, I noticed a column when looking at Filesystems called "Capacity
Monitoring".
For all of the filesystems it lists "disabled".

I searched the VXVM Admin Guide and the Veritas Support site and
niether of them mention this...does anyone have any idea what it is
for?  Does VXVM have some sort of undocumented capacity monitoring
feature?

TIA,

Post by Darren Dunha » Wed, 25 Aug 2004 15:45:30

> I was looking at the GUI for VXVM, which I don't use often as I prefer
> CLI, I noticed a column when looking at Filesystems called "Capacity
> Monitoring".
> For all of the filesystems it lists "disabled".
> I searched the VXVM Admin Guide and the Veritas Support site and
> niether of them mention this...does anyone have any idea what it is
> for?  Does VXVM have some sort of undocumented capacity monitoring
> feature?

Hmm.  I'm not certain, either.

However, given the wording in the guide, I think it's more of a VxFS
thing than a VxVM thing.  That said, I didn't find it in a quick review
of the VxFS docs, either.

You might ask on the veritas-vx list.

--

Senior Technical Consultant         TAOS            http://www.taos.com/

Post by Toni » Thu, 26 Aug 2004 00:15:38

> > I was looking at the GUI for VXVM, which I don't use often as I prefer
> > CLI, I noticed a column when looking at Filesystems called "Capacity
> > Monitoring".
> > For all of the filesystems it lists "disabled".

> > I searched the VXVM Admin Guide and the Veritas Support site and
> > niether of them mention this...does anyone have any idea what it is
> > for?  Does VXVM have some sort of undocumented capacity monitoring
> > feature?

> Hmm.  I'm not certain, either.

> However, given the wording in the guide, I think it's more of a VxFS
> thing than a VxVM thing.  That said, I didn't find it in a quick review
> of the VxFS docs, either.

> You might ask on the veritas-vx list.

Will do, thanks.  It seemed odd to me that I could not find any
mention of it in any of the documentation.