Sendmail config

Post by B » Wed, 05 Sep 2001 05:46:49

Hi,

Sorry if beeing off-topic but I have a sendmail related question:

I would like to change the SMTP greeting message by using a mc-file (since
all my other config is in the mc file).

How is this acomplished? In the cf-file the greeting message is specifed as
e.g.

O SmtpGreetingMessage=$j Sendmail $v/$Z; $b

How can I set this in my m4-macro file?

TIA

/B

Sendmail config

Post by B » Wed, 05 Sep 2001 06:00:01

He who'll seek shall find... Don't bother, I found it. Sorry...

confSMTP_LOGIN_MSG solves it...

/B

> Hi,

> Sorry if beeing off-topic but I have a sendmail related question:

> I would like to change the SMTP greeting message by using a mc-file (since
> all my other config is in the mc file).

> How is this acomplished? In the cf-file the greeting message is specifed
as
> e.g.

> O SmtpGreetingMessage=$j Sendmail $v/$Z; $b

> How can I set this in my m4-macro file?

> TIA

> /B

Sendmail config

Post by Mathew Kirsc » Thu, 06 Sep 2001 04:27:48

> He who'll seek shall find... Don't bother, I found it. Sorry...

> confSMTP_LOGIN_MSG solves it...

That's good, because you were real close to getting whumped with a big ol'
clue-by-four for asking a purely sendmail question in a Solaris newsgroup :)

I believe the newsgroup is comp.mail.sendmail...

1. sendmail-config vs. sendmail RPMS?

I just got the RPMs for sendmail 8.9.2, and figured updating was a good
thing to do, as the updates incorporate better security.  (I haven't gotten
the bugs out of using my Linux box with my ISP yet, but I'm going to take a
whack again once I get my new ISP account set up)/

I'm using RH5.2, which had sendmail 8.8.7 and sendmail-cf 8.8.7 as RPMS.

The new version has RPMs for sendmail, sendmail-cf, and sendmail-config.
According to the query in the RPM for sendmail-config, "This is needed,
eventually there will be multiple configs to choose from."

However, the files it contains  (list follows) conflict with those installed
by sendmail.

Do I stick it all in, using the --force option in rpm?  Do I leave out
sendmail-config?  Why is there a sendmail-config anyway?

Thanks in advance.

CONTENTS OF SENDMAIL-CONFIG
/etc/mail/access
/etc/mail/access.db
/etc/mail/aliases
/etc/mail/aliases.db
/etc/mail/domaintable
/etc/mail/domaintable.db
/etc/mail/mailertable
/etc/mail/mailertable.db
/etc/mail/majordomo
/etc/mail/majordomo.db
/etc/mail/relay-domains
/etc/mail/sendmail.ct
/etc/mail/sendmail.cw
/etc/mail/sendmail.hf
/etc/mail/virtusertable
/etc/mail/virtusertable.db
/etc/sendmail.cf

2. PTRACE_ATTACH breaks wait4()

3. sendmail config

4. poll() and FOPEN_MAX

5. Power outage, now X won't start

6. Sendmail config error? (Slackware 3.1 setup)

7. Will Model 980 run 3.2.2?

8. Sendmail config to block remailing?

9. Sendmail config on SuSE 7.2

10. sendmail config

11. Sendmail config problems

12. sendmail config -- what am I doing wrong?