1. sendmail-config vs. sendmail RPMS?
I just got the RPMs for sendmail 8.9.2, and figured updating was a good
thing to do, as the updates incorporate better security. (I haven't gotten
the bugs out of using my Linux box with my ISP yet, but I'm going to take a
whack again once I get my new ISP account set up)/
I'm using RH5.2, which had sendmail 8.8.7 and sendmail-cf 8.8.7 as RPMS.
The new version has RPMs for sendmail, sendmail-cf, and sendmail-config.
According to the query in the RPM for sendmail-config, "This is needed,
eventually there will be multiple configs to choose from."
However, the files it contains (list follows) conflict with those installed
Do I stick it all in, using the --force option in rpm? Do I leave out
sendmail-config? Why is there a sendmail-config anyway?
Thanks in advance.
CONTENTS OF SENDMAIL-CONFIG
2. PTRACE_ATTACH breaks wait4()
3. sendmail config
4. poll() and FOPEN_MAX
5. Power outage, now X won't start
6. Sendmail config error? (Slackware 3.1 setup)
7. Will Model 980 run 3.2.2?
8. Sendmail config to block remailing?
9. Sendmail config on SuSE 7.2
10. sendmail config
11. Sendmail config problems
12. sendmail config -- what am I doing wrong?