how to report only hme0 IP addy instead of logical interfaces?

how to report only hme0 IP addy instead of logical interfaces?

Post by Sam Hok » Sat, 05 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I have been very annoyed by this: I have a number of logical interfaces bound,
for web sites, under Solaris 2.6.  If i put the line:

ndd -set /dev/ip ip_enable_group_ifs 0

in a boot script, then the reported IP addy to gethostbyname(), etc, belongs
to the LAST interface that was initialized (hme0:n) rather than the first one,
hme0.

I could clearly hack the Solaris boot scripts to have hme0 initialized last in
the sequence (I guess), but it's not THAT important.

Any simple solution?
--
Sam Hokin

how to report only hme0 IP addy instead of logical interfaces?

Post by Dan McDona » Sat, 05 Dec 1998 04:00:00

<SNIP!>

Quote:>Any simple solution?

Yes.  Either make sure you have the latest 2.6 patch (can't find the number
immediately) which reverts the IP address insertion order to the pre-2.6 way,
or upgrade to Solaris 7, which also includes this fix.

--
Daniel L. McDonald  -  Solaris Internet Engineering  ||  MY OPINIONS ARE NOT

Phone: (650) 786-6815            |"rising falling at force ten
WWW: http://www.kebe.com/~danmcd | we twist the world and ride the wind" - Rush

Post by Steve Dy » Sat, 05 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>Yes.  Either make sure you have the latest 2.6 patch (can't find the number
>immediately) which reverts the IP address insertion order to the pre-2.6 way,
>or upgrade to Solaris 7, which also includes this fix.

Yeahbut, the last several times I looked, said patch was only available
for 2.6 Sparc, not 2.6 X86.  Is the patch publically accessible for X86
yet?

--
Steve Dyer