Quad fast ethernet and aggregate bandwidth

Quad fast ethernet and aggregate bandwidth

Post by an2.. » Mon, 22 Oct 2001 03:34:06

It's possible to use the four eth ports of a quad-ethernet PCI card in
a "aggregated bandwidth" mode ? So I can quadruplicate the throughtput
of my server ...

It's possible ? How ?

Thank you.

Quad fast ethernet and aggregate bandwidth

Post by Rich Tee » Mon, 22 Oct 2001 04:16:18

Quote:> It's possible to use the four eth ports of a quad-ethernet PCI card in
> a "aggregated bandwidth" mode ? So I can quadruplicate the throughtput
> of my server ...

> It's possible ? How ?

Yep - you need the Sun Trunking software; I can't remember if it's
free or not.  Whether or not you can quadruple the throughput of
your server depends on many factors: is your single intferface the
bottle neck?  Do you have enough CPU horespower to feed the QFE?
Can you supply data to the Ethernets quickly enough to saturate them?

--
Rich Teer

President,
Rite Online Inc.

Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638

Post by Axel Neuman » Mon, 22 Oct 2001 04:20:50

> It's possible to use the four eth ports of a quad-ethernet PCI card in
> a "aggregated bandwidth" mode ? So I can quadruplicate the throughtput
> of my server ...

> It's possible ? How ?

> Thank you.

Hi,

You need Sun Trunking software.

HTH,

Axel Neumann

Post by Circusj.. » Mon, 22 Oct 2001 13:46:43

>> It's possible to use the four eth ports of a quad-ethernet PCI card in
>> a "aggregated bandwidth" mode ? So I can quadruplicate the throughtput
>> of my server ...

>> It's possible ? How ?

>Yep - you need the Sun Trunking software; I can't remember if it's
>free or not.  Whether or not you can quadruple the throughput of
>your server depends on many factors: is your single intferface the
>bottle neck?  Do you have enough CPU horespower to feed the QFE?
>Can you supply data to the Ethernets quickly enough to saturate them?

>--
>Rich Teer

it is not free! it is about $1000 and if you are using ver. 1.2 which
supports  solaris 2.5.1 , 2.6 and 2.7, and decide to up upgrade to
Solaris 8, you have to Buy ver 1.2.1  to get 8 support for another
$1000.

JJG

Quad fast ethernet and aggregate bandwidth

Post by Tuan Da » Thu, 25 Oct 2001 05:02:10

Hello there,

Do you know how much load the trunking software puts on the
CPU?

Thanks,
Tuan

says...

>> It's possible to use the four eth ports of a quad-ethernet PCI card in
>> a "aggregated bandwidth" mode ? So I can quadruplicate the throughtput
>> of my server ...

>> It's possible ? How ?

>> Thank you.

>Hi,

>You need Sun Trunking software.

>HTH,

>Axel Neumann

1. Aggregating ethernet bandwidth

Does anyone know if it is possible for Linux to use 4 10Mbit ethernet
cards as 1 40Mbit logical connection?  I have identical machines on each
end, and I just need to do that between them.
--
+---------------------+--------------------------+
|     Scott Wood      |  Systems Administrator   |

+=====================+==========================+
|       -={High Speed Wireless Internet}=-       |
|           http://www.broadlink.com/            |

2. Swim,Mootif,and others-wh th difference?

3. Quad Fast Ethernet Adapter

4. Error message "Segmentation fault"

5. Quad Fast Ethernet Install

6. Compex network card

7. sbus quad fast ethernet, force 100FDX how??

8. Q: NIS+ API, esp. nis_modify_entry(3N)

9. Quad Fast Ethernet

10. Quad Fast Ethernet cards for FreeBSD 2.2

11. Quad Fast ethernet issues

12. SLOW configuration of qfe (Quad Fast Ethernet) adapter

13. Recommended quad fast ethernet card for linux?