Packages installations

Post by mlvyxk0 » Wed, 17 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hi all,

I want to install all the gnu packages in a single path.

ex: /usr/local

My question is how can I place all these usefull stuff where
I want.

Cause I try pkgadd -d stuff -R /usr/local
but the BASE_DIR is egal to /opt/stuff.

Is it possible to change the BASE_DIR ? I try to edit the Stream
package with no success.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Yacine.
--

1. red hat 6.2 installation hangs during package installation step

hi,

i've tried several times without success installing ret hat linux 6.2 on
my PC..it always hangs during the package installation step and proceeds
no more than 1/4 way through before hanging. I've tried installing the
default GNOME installation, as well as "server", and "custom" from 2
different CD-ROM drives on my freshly formatted hard drive to no avail.

Anyone ever experience this and/or have any suggestions?

thanks!

2. Solaris-search the web quickly with Search Spaniel

3. preferred package installation method?

4. finally got lppc installed on my 6400..

5. Package Installation

6. HELP: New Linux User Install

7. Suse package installation frustration

8. Linux serial - pretend unix pile of crap!

9. HELP: post-install package installation from DOS partition

10. Newbie Question: Package Installation Using Ports

11. Help with Package installations

12. Error on X package installation (slakware) - Please help.

13. package installation