System Clock Speed

Post by Tom Gardosi » Sat, 25 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I am trying to find some method to query the system for Clock Speed and Cpu
type. (not O/S information).

I have a Sparc 5 machione that I would like to ship to England, but need
precise CPU information for the Customs delaration (ECCN ... number
indicating State Department classification is to some extent determined by
clock speed).

Is it possible to determine this on a running system? (or on a non-running
system ... I can take the box down and take it apart if necessary.)

Tom Gardosik

System Clock Speed

Post by Rich Tee » Sat, 25 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> I am trying to find some method to query the system for Clock Speed and Cpu
> type. (not O/S information).

psrinfo -v

Quote:> I have a Sparc 5 machione that I would like to ship to England, but need
> precise CPU information for the Customs delaration (ECCN ... number
> indicating State Department classification is to some extent determined by
> clock speed).

Given that one can by 64 processor Starfires in England, I don't think customs
will be at all concerned about an SS5, no matter what the clock speed!  Also,
I don't think the UK is on the list of "questionable" countries as far as exporting
computers is concerned; hell Sun has a manufacturing plant in Scotland, so it's
quite likely that the machine you want to export was made there!

Quote:> Is it possible to determine this on a running system? (or on a non-running
> system ... I can take the box down and take it apart if necessary.)

psrinfo or module-info at the OK prompt.

--
Rich Teer

NT tries to do almost everything UNIX does, but fails - miserably.

The use of Windoze cripples the mind; its use should, therefore, be
regarded as a criminal offence.  (With apologies to Edsger W. Dijkstra)

If it ain't analogue, it ain't music.

Voice: +1 (250) 763-6205
WWW: www.rite-group.com

System Clock Speed

Post by danvi.. » Sun, 26 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Try dmesg command

> I am trying to find some method to query the system for Clock Speed
and Cpu
> type. (not O/S information).

> I have a Sparc 5 machione that I would like to ship to England, but
need
> precise CPU information for the Customs delaration (ECCN ... number
> indicating State Department classification is to some extent
determined by
> clock speed).

> Is it possible to determine this on a running system? (or on a non-
running
> system ... I can take the box down and take it apart if necessary.)

> Tom Gardosik

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

System Clock Speed

Post by danvi.. » Sun, 26 Dec 1999 04:00:00

try prsinfo -v

> I am trying to find some method to query the system for Clock Speed
and Cpu
> type. (not O/S information).

> I have a Sparc 5 machione that I would like to ship to England, but
need
> precise CPU information for the Customs delaration (ECCN ... number
> indicating State Department classification is to some extent
determined by
> clock speed).

> Is it possible to determine this on a running system? (or on a non-
running
> system ... I can take the box down and take it apart if necessary.)

> Tom Gardosik

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. System clock speed whacko with XView 3l5

Hi all,
  Shortly after installing XView3L5, I noticed that my system clock was running
inordinately fast - gaining something like 5 minutes or more a day.  A run down
battery wouldn't account for this (I don't think).  Anybody have any clues?
It's not just the OpenWindows clock either.  It resets the system time given
by /usr/bin/clock as well.  Thanks for any info...

 ###  Mark Juric                               A.I. Programs               ###

2. simple fork question ( with a hard to find answer)

3. system clock speed too high?

4. Stats comp.os.linux.networking (last 7 days)

5. Clock speeds and system freeze-ups...

6. Current and Max swap size in AIX 64 bit

7. Incorrect speed of system clock

8. Question: librares for image processing on O2 machine

9. System clock running 1/2 speed

10. system clock/bios clock setting

11. how to sync system clock to CMOS clock

12. How do it synchronize my system clock with an atomic clock ?

13. System clock vs some other clock???