Focus to follow mouse and window with focus to come to front

Focus to follow mouse and window with focus to come to front

Post by Swapan N. Enginee » Thu, 24 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I have been able to set focus to follow mouse, however the window
getting the focus does not come to front till I click in the title bar.
Is there something I can do so that the window will come to front when
it gets the focus?

Focus to follow mouse and window with focus to come to front

Post by Andrew Gabri » Thu, 24 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I have been able to set focus to follow mouse, however the window
>getting the focus does not come to front till I click in the title bar.
>Is there something I can do so that the window will come to front when
>it gets the focus?

Assuming you're running CDE:
goto Syle Manager -> Window
check "Raise Window When Made Active"

--
Andrew Gabriel
Consultant Software Engineer

Post by Swapan N. Enginee » Fri, 25 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> >I have been able to set focus to follow mouse, however the window
> >getting the focus does not come to front till I click in the title bar.
> >Is there something I can do so that the window will come to front when
> >it gets the focus?

> Assuming you're running CDE:
> goto Syle Manager -> Window
> check "Raise Window When Made Active"

        I am using openwin, how can I achieve the same effect in openwin?
Quote:> --

Post by Kyle Tuck » Fri, 25 Sep 1998 04:00:00

>    I am using openwin, how can I achieve the same effect in openwin?

From the "olwm" man page in the GLOBAL RESOURCES section:

AutoRaise (boolean)

  Raise windows automatically when they receive the focus. This is useful
  in click-to-focus if you always like to type into the topmost window.
  This is useful in focus-follow-mouse when the AutoRaiseDelay resource
  is set to a reasonable value. Default value: false.

--
- Kyle

1. X window in front when clicking but focus follow mouse!

Hi,

I have a X windows question using CDE.

I use "OW-focus follow mouse style" and I prefer to not have the active
window in front BUT, I would like to have the active windows put in
front IF I click in the actice window, now I have to click on the border
of the window.

This behaviour is working on SUNs java desktop, and it is quite neat I
think.

/michael

2. Help with DiskSuite

3. Window focus "follow mouse" problem.

4. experienceing freezes because of mb/controller/hd

5. setting focus follows mouse on Red Hat 5.1 X Window System.

6. Why not Motif?

7. How do you control the focus in a Window Manager to do Click To Focus?

8. what command for checking physical disks or partitions not being mounted

9. Afterstep Focus-follows-mouse?

10. Another Level - Focus Follows Mouse

11. Focus follows mouse in fvwm

12. Focus does NOT follow mouse