Cd Creator in JDS?

Post by as40 » Sun, 22 Jan 2006 11:57:09

I followed basically the instructions on how to burn Cds using the CD
Creator under the Java Desktop Enviroment...But it only burns ISO
images instead of regular data files...I did not know this since I
discovered that it only has a selection to write ISO images..

How can I burn regular data files using CD Creator? I need to burn alot
of PDF and Star Office files onto a CD-R...or CDRW if only takes
that...

Please help.

Cd Creator in JDS?

Post by Bruce Porte » Sun, 22 Jan 2006 21:39:56

> I followed basically the instructions on how to burn Cds using the CD
> Creator under the Java Desktop Enviroment...But it only burns ISO
> images instead of regular data files...I did not know this since I
> discovered that it only has a selection to write ISO images..

> How can I burn regular data files using CD Creator? I need to burn alot
> of PDF and Star Office files onto a CD-R...or CDRW if only takes
> that...

> Please help.

man cdrw

--
        Bruce

"The internet is a huge and diverse community and
not every one is friendly"
        http://www.ytc1.co.uk

Cd Creator in JDS?

Post by Giorgos Keramida » Mon, 23 Jan 2006 00:58:21

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 12:39:56 GMT,

>> I followed basically the instructions on how to burn Cds using the CD
>> Creator under the Java Desktop Enviroment...[...]

> man cdrw

Please don't waste any bandwidth replying to the `as400' troll.  He has
been given copious amounts of help about the various tools that exist
for writing CD-ROMs in Solaris, but he keeps posting the same questions
over and over and over and over...

Basic reading skills and a moderate amount of brain cells are required
to follow instructions, but he seems to lack even those.

Cd Creator in JDS?

Post by Michael Laajane » Mon, 23 Jan 2006 02:39:08

HI,

> I followed basically the instructions on how to burn Cds using the CD
> Creator under the Java Desktop Enviroment...But it only burns ISO
> images instead of regular data files...I did not know this since I
> discovered that it only has a selection to write ISO images..

> How can I burn regular data files using CD Creator? I need to burn alot
> of PDF and Star Office files onto a CD-R...or CDRW if only takes
> that...

> Please help.

What is "CD Creator", it reminds me of a commercial CDwriter tool for a
long long time ago?

/michael

1. Need help with burning Linux CD's on a PC using Easy CD Creator 5

The Subject line pretty much says it all.

I downloaded the .iso files from a German server to my PC and the file
sizes all match up with what the site says they should be.  The hard
disk in the PC has been 'scandisk'd and 'speeddisk'd before and after
the download with no errors reported.  I believe the files to be error
free.  I'm using an HP CD Writer+ 9700k to burn the TDK discs.  I've
been using these discs for months for backups with no problems ever.

I'm using Easy CD Creator 5 to burn my RedHat LINUX 8.0 CD's and I keep
getting errors and it stops.  I'm using 700 MB disks, so there should be
plenty of space for the iso9660 information.  The error message is no
help.  It just says "unexpected error" when I try to write the first
'psyche' disk information to the CD.

A few months ago, somebody posted a very nice HOW-TO using Easy CD
Creator 5, but I can't find it anymore on my news server.  I've looked
all over the net and on the ROXIO website, but still found nothing that
would help.  I'm not sure I have the right options set on the burn
project or I'm not using the right procedure.  I have a laptop that I
can verify the CD's using MD5SUM (RH LINUX 7.1).  These disks are going
to be used to setup a virgin system with 8.0.  Any and all help is
sincerely appreciated.

Matt

2. Diamond Viper + Adaptec 1742EISA w/ Linux

3. Burning CD for Solaris with Nero \ Easy CD creator

4. NYC LOCAL: Monday 20 May 2002 DeLUGE: CodeWeaver's Crossover Office for GNU/Linux

5. Creator 3d versus Creator 3D

6. Modem on com3 and sysinstall...

7. how to burn an iso with Easy Cd Creator 4.0 Deluxe

8. How do you create a RedHat CD?

9. adaptec cd creator

10. using EasyCD Creator (PC) to burn a Unix CD ??

11. Adaptec Easy CD Creator problems

12. Solaris 10, JDS, setting PS1 for bash -- where?

13. Severe JDS bundled mozilla instability