Problem with Solaris C++ compiler

Post by Ivailo Ivano » Wed, 09 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I am new to the Solaris C++ compiler and have a problem
with it. After some warning messages (which seem pretty safe)
it aborts with the following error:

     cg error (as) : location counter not on word boundary
     *** Error code 1

What is the meaning of "cg"? What is there that the assembler
doesn't like and is there a workaround or fix?

My system is:
# uname -a
# SunOS kitkat 5.5.1 Generic sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-5
...and the compiler is: Sun C++ 4.2

Any help appreciated very much.

--
Ivailo Ivanov
Seagate Software, Information Management Group

1. Problems with Solaris C++ compiler

Hi,

I am new to the Solaris C++ compiler and have a problem
with it. After some warning messages (which seem pretty safe)
it aborts with the following error:

     cg error (as) : location counter not on word boundary
     *** Error code 1

What is the meaning of "cg"? What is there that the assembler
doesn't like and is there a workaround or fix?

My system is:
# uname -a
# SunOS kitkat 5.5.1 Generic sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-5
...and the compiler is: Sun C++ 4.2

Any help appreciated very much.

--
Ivailo Ivanov
Seagate Software, Information Management Group

2. Run program as another user

3. Possible problem with Solaris C++ compiler

4. Setting up video capture hardware

5. Are sun studio C/C++ compilers and Forte C/C++ compilers same ??

6. Forcing users off the system after a certain period of inactivity

7. Sun Workshop 5 C++ compiler problem on Solaris 8

8. ftp server documentation

9. how to include C++ header files when using Forte 6 C++ compiler?

10. Could I compile "c" source with a C++ compiler (Forte C++ Update 2)?

11. C++ compilers, NIH C++ class lib

12. GNU Standard C++ Library and the TenDRA C++ compiler?