Pseudo Streams Driver On Solaris

Post by Srinivasan Balaj » Mon, 03 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
  I would really appreciate if you can help me with the following :

I have written a pseudo driver (module) in solaris which will sit below
IP layer and above the Device Driver (which is also a streams driver,
ATM NIC Driver). I have been able to load it as a streams module by
calling "modload mydriver" ( I had copied mydriver in the /kernel/drv)
directory.
  I have to do the following which I am not able to do, please help me
out :
  1. Open a device which will cause an open of "mydriver" ? My driver
supports clone opens, but I don't know how to open this driver from the
user application. I tried creating a device in the /dev directory but
the open system call [open("/dev/mydriver",O_RDWR)] fails with "no such
device". ls -l of mydriver in the /dev directory looked as follows :
/dev> pwd
/dev
/dev> ls -l mydriver
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         29 Feb 15 22:44 /dev/mydriver ->

 2. I want to plumb "mydriver" below IP. How do I do it ? My requirement
is that multiple streams of "mydriver" each with a different
configuration should be attached directly below IP (each will be
assigned a different IP address). How do I use "ifconfig" to assign IP
address to such a device , what interface address do I specify ?
       -------
       | IP  |
       -------

       -----------
       |mydriver  |
       ------------

       ------------------
       | ATM NIC Driver |
       ------------------
3. Is it possible to insert another module say "mydriver1" between IP
and mydriver ? How ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Balaji
Srinivasan Balaji
Ficon Technology                 Voice:  (908) 283-2770
1000 Route 9 North               Fax  :  (908) 283-2848

1. Solaris pseudo stream driver examples

Hello,

I'm looking for examples of pseudo stream drivers that works on
Solaris 7,8,9 (32 bits).
A simple example that can be installed with add_drv and plumbed with
ifconfig is fine.

    ifconfig mydrv0 plumb

I tried the psli driver from SUN, but it does not seem to work, it
crash my solaris station. Did someone already experienced troubles
with that driver?

Thanks a lot.
Jimmy B.

2. Problems with ld.so.1.8.5

3. Pseudo Streams Driver On Solaris

4. using Openwin3.3 in XDMCP mode

5. Recommend 802.11a/b/g trimode card for Linux?

6. pseudo STREAMS driver and kernel hack in Solaris

7. X configuration on box with no monitor attached

8. STREAMS message from pseudo-device to pseudo-device

9. DLPI Stream Pseudo Driver Problem

10. write(2) block : pseudo STREAM driver

11. pseudo driver for solaris