bash/tcsh for Solaris 2.5 for PC's.

Post by John Bickl » Wed, 21 Aug 1996 04:00:00

hi folks.

does anyone know where i can get ahold of a tcsh/bash port for solaris
2.5 for PC's?

Has anyone successfully compiled these shells using the gnu c compiler
for solaris 2.5?

thanks,
john.

Post by James K. Lev » Sat, 24 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>hi folks.

>does anyone know where i can get ahold of a tcsh/bash port for solaris
>2.5 for PC's?

>Has anyone successfully compiled these shells using the gnu c compiler
>for solaris 2.5?

Can't answer for tcsh, but bash compiles (gcc and Sun C) and works just fine
on x86 2.4 and 2.5.

Post by Harry James Butl » Sat, 24 Aug 1996 04:00:00

> >hi folks.

> >does anyone know where i can get ahold of a tcsh/bash port for solaris
> >2.5 for PC's?

> >Has anyone successfully compiled these shells using the gnu c compiler
> >for solaris 2.5?

> Can't answer for tcsh, but bash compiles (gcc and Sun C) and works just fine
> on x86 2.4 and 2.5.

There is a precompiled version of tcsh for Solaris 2.X x86 somewhere on
the net. Can't remember exactly where no, but it works fine on our PC.

Cheers
Harry

bash/tcsh for Solaris 2.5 for PC's.

Post by Bob Hoffman » Sat, 24 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

> There is a precompiled version of tcsh for Solaris 2.X x86 somewhere on
> the net. Can't remember exactly where no, but it works fine on our PC.

> Cheers
> Harry

Well harry, put in in your "pub" directory and let us have it.

What da ya think ?

Thanks in advance for letting us have it.

BobX

P.S.:  Thanks 1000 for letting us have it.

Post by Harry James Butl » Mon, 26 Aug 1996 04:00:00

> > There is a precompiled version of tcsh for Solaris 2.X x86 somewhere on
> > the net. Can't remember exactly where no, but it works fine on our PC.

> > Cheers
> > Harry

> Well harry, put in in your "pub" directory and let us have it.

> What da ya think ?

> Thanks in advance for letting us have it.

> BobX

> P.S.:  Thanks 1000 for letting us have it.

I have put a couple of tcsh and less for the x86 on our web server. They should
be available by anonymous ftp to probus.sci.usq.edu.au. If you have problems
let me know. These are precompiled binaries for 2.4.

Cheers
Harry

Post by Greg Mu » Tue, 27 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>hi folks.

>does anyone know where i can get ahold of a tcsh/bash port for solaris
>2.5 for PC's?

Binaries can be found at the following locations...

ftp://server.berkeley.edu/pub/x86solaris/binaries/

--
Greg Musi     | Systems Administrator   | Transarc Corporation

1. tcsh don't work after upgrade from Solaris 2.5 -> 2.5.1

I managed to get tcsh to work on login now. Thanks for everyones help. When I
upgraded from Solaris 2.5 to 2.5.1 /etc/default/login was rewritten (as an empty
file). I copied  my /etc/default/login from another machine, made a few changes,
and now tcsh works. I think the one line I needed was ALTSHELL=YES.

Ed C.

2. What's wrong

4. Is UMSDOS supported by kernel 2.4.20

5. tcsh and Solaris 2.5 slow hashing

6. proxy servers for AIX rs6000

7. job control in tcsh on Solaris 2.5

8. SAR MPSAR CPUSAR ?? - do these utilities exist for LINUX?

9. compiling tcsh for Solaris 2.5

10. tcsh problems with Solaris 2.5

11. FS: Solaris 2.5 Desktop (CDE) and/or Solaris 2.5 Server Packages for x86 desktops

12. Handling of the Meta-key in `tcsh' and `bash'

13. Does bash have anything like tcsh's `set rmstar'?