How do I tell if a filesystem is mounted with logging option?

How do I tell if a filesystem is mounted with logging option?

Post by Michael Wa » Fri, 06 Jul 2001 10:30:44

How can I show if a filesystem is mounted with logging option
or any other options? (The option may not be in /etc/vfstab
as it is remounted). Thanks.

Post by Tony Curti » Fri, 06 Jul 2001 10:35:54

>> On Thu, 05 Jul 2001 01:30:44 GMT,

> How can I show if a filesystem is mounted with logging
> option or any other options? (The option may not be in
> /etc/vfstab as it is remounted).

$ /usr/sbin/mount | grep logging

hth
Beep beep!  Out of my way, I'm a motorist!

Post by Mathew Kirsc » Sat, 07 Jul 2001 01:49:21

> How can I show if a filesystem is mounted with logging option
> or any other options? (The option may not be in /etc/vfstab
> as it is remounted). Thanks.

If the "logging" option is not in /etc/vfstab, assume it's not logging.

You can also use the "mount" command.

Post by Tony Curti » Sat, 07 Jul 2001 01:51:51

>> On Thu, 05 Jul 2001 12:49:21 -0400,

>>  How can I show if a filesystem is mounted with logging
>> option or any other options? (The option may not be in
>> /etc/vfstab as it is remounted). Thanks.
> If the "logging" option is not in /etc/vfstab, assume
> it's not logging.

Do you mean /etc/mnttab here?

A mounted filesystem may well not be in /etc/vfstab (as
noted by the OP) if it's been mounted temporarily for some
reason.  But any mount will be in /etc/mnttab (and can be
inspected by the mount command).

--

Post by Mathew Kirsc » Sat, 07 Jul 2001 21:41:38

> Do you mean /etc/mnttab here?

No.

Quote:> A mounted filesystem may well not be in /etc/vfstab (as
> noted by the OP) if it's been mounted temporarily for some
> reason.  But any mount will be in /etc/mnttab (and can be
> inspected by the mount command).

If it's not in /etc/vfstab, you manually mounted it, so you damn well oughtta
remember whether you mounted the filesystem with logging or not. There is
always the possibility you forgot, and ways to figure out if you did or
didn't, but what difference does it make? ALWAYS treat the gun like it's
loaded. ALWAYS assume that the filesystem is NOT logging. Unload the gun.
Remount the filesystem with logging.

Simple.

Had you not blatantly chopped my post off 1 line short of the end, you
would've seen that I also mentioned the mount command.

Post by Aleksandar Milivojevi » Sat, 07 Jul 2001 22:05:17

> How can I show if a filesystem is mounted with logging option
> or any other options? (The option may not be in /etc/vfstab
> as it is remounted). Thanks.

Type "mount".  It will list all mounted filesystems with current
options.

--

Opinions expressed herein are my own.
Statements included here may be fiction rather than truth.