HELP: Solaris 2.3 <---> Solaris 2.3 PPP link Problems

HELP: Solaris 2.3 <---> Solaris 2.3 PPP link Problems

Post by Steven Cart » Wed, 12 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Hi all,

We are attempting to link up two Solaris 2.3 networks via PPP and we are
running into some problems.  The link initialy comes up and we are able to ping
both sides for about 30 seconds or so and then nothing.  The modems are still
connected. One machine is setup as a Multipoint PPP Dial-in server (jeeves)
using the ipd0 interface.  The other (eagle) is setup for PPP Dial-out using
the ipdptp0 interface.  The jeeves machine also has a PPP Dial-out setup to our
Internet provider.

Would there be a problem with a machine with both Dial-in and Dial out setups?
Could this problem be related to routing table problem?  Does anyone have a
clue what could be happening?  Any Help would be apreciated.

Thanx,

- Steve
 Always going where no one has gone before...

1. HELP: Solaris 2.3 <---> Solaris 2.3 PPP link problems

Hi all,

We are attempting to link up two Solaris 2.3 networks via PPP and we are
running into some problems.  The link initialy comes up and we are able to ping
both sides for about 30 seconds or so and then nothing.  Does anyone have a
clue what could be hapening? We are stumped here.

Thanx,

- Steve
 Always going where no one has gone before...

2. Accton en1208 ethernet card

3. HELP: Solaris 2.3 <---> PC PPP link problems

4. Need gcc and gmake for Solaris

5. Solaris 2.3 <---> PC PPP problem/incompatibility

6. XF86Config.. XSiS 530 Video Card!

7. Problems with NFS Solaris 2.3 <> SunOS

8. KWinTV Problems (offset picture, etc)

9. WindowsForWorkgroups3.11 <-> Solaris 2.3 TCP problem..

10. TCP/IP problems Mac(OS 7.0) <-> Solaris 2.3

11. Help with Pageview under 2.3 (Re: Display Postscript X Solaris 2.3)

12. PPP dynamic poin to point link don't hang the modem on Solaris 2.3