Win98 internet sharing over a Solaris 2.7 box/DSL line

Win98 internet sharing over a Solaris 2.7 box/DSL line

Post by davidwhip.. » Tue, 25 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hi there-

I just completed the setup (thanks to those that helped!) of an x86
Solaris 2.7 install.

I have my DSL line, w/ 1 static IP address, feeding to a hub.  I've set
the Solaris box as the first machine, and want all my PCs in my house
to be able to share the internet connection through the Solaris box...

Any advice on what software to use?  Samba?  How can I convince my PCs
to use the solaris box as a gateway?  Can I just set the 'gateway' of
Net. Neighb. info to point to the solaris  box as the gateway and give
each PC a fake, internal IP address?

Thanks in advance,
David

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Win98 internet sharing over a Solaris 2.7 box/DSL line

Post by Pete Howel » Tue, 25 Jan 2000 04:00:00

You need software that will do NAT.  Look at ipfilter
http://coombs.anu.edu.au/ipfilter

Regards,

Pete Howell