Ultra2 LVD SCSI card on U5/U10

Post by maxwell.. » Thu, 24 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Is anyone out there using an Ultra2 LVD SCSI card on a U5/U10?
If so which one (Antares, Intraserver..etc) and what are your thoughts
comments?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Ultra2 LVD/SE SCSI Supported?

Does anyone know if FreeBSD supports LVD SCSI interface?
I'm looking into buying a SCSI card and want to get the fastest
possible. I'm considering the Tekram DC-390U2B or DC-390U2W
controller cards.
They use the Symbios 53C895 chipset.
They support Ultra2 LVD/SE, UltraWide, Ultra, and SCSI-2
I don't see any mention of these modes under the FBSD
docs.
Can anyone comment on the functionality of these controllers?
Or am I forced to use SCSI2 40MB/sec DC-390F?
The 390F uses the 53C875 chipset and is listed in the compatability
section of the handbook.

Please advise.

TIA,

Russ

2. Linux DHCP/DNS Server

3. Ultra2-LVD SCSI device in RH6.2 - 40 or 80 MB/s?

4. real programmers hate real users and vice versa

5. SCSI: Does one need a special SCSI LVD adapter, over and above a SCSI card?

6. Stupid Fortune program!!!

7. dumb and trivial question about U5 and U10's

8. perfmeter losing connection

9. ultra2 lvd devices on a Buslogic uw

10. AHA2940U2W/Ultra2 LVD drives info

11. Adaptec AAC-364 64 bit/PCI-to-Ultra2 LVD

12. Eill the x6540a scsi card work on a U5