emulators dos for unix solaris 2.5

Post by ROGER BERNER » Wed, 06 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I have an SPARC2 with SOLARIS 2.5 and i want run DOS applications on it.
Somebody could tell me where i can found an DOS emulator (freeware if it is
possible ) to do that?

MERCI BEAUCOUP

sorry for my english

J'ais une station SPARC 2 avec SOLARIS 2.5 sur laquelle je voudrais faire
tourner des applications DOS.
Quelqu'un pourrait-il me dire ou je peut trouver un emulateur DOS (en
freeware si possible) pour faire cela?

Post by Philip Bro » Thu, 07 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>There is also a Sun product called SunPC; it is a software/SBus combo
>which gives you a DOS prompt. The SBus card contains a 486 or 586
>(current is '586 course) and may provide enought horsepower for the po'
>SS2...

heck, it should run windoze faster than the sparc 2 runs solaris :-/

--
[trim the no-bots from my address to reply to me by email!]
"initiating.. 'getting the hell out of here' maneouver" - Lennier, babylon5

emulators dos for unix solaris 2.5

Post by jeffr.. » Sun, 10 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Is WABI (Windows Application Binary Interface) free for Solaris users, now
that it isn't supported anymore by Sun? It was the "classic" method by
which one ran DOS/Win 3.x programs in Solaris through 2.5.1.  Evidently it
still works in Solaris 7, with a certain patch to one of 7's libraries.

                        --Jeffrey Boulier