gdb extension for POSIX pthreads

Post by Willy Jaco » Tue, 01 Mar 1994 19:40:22

We are using a free pthreads package (based on IEEE POSIX 1003.4a, draft 6)
developed on Florida State University on Sun-4 (SunOS 4.1.3), but this version
lacks de* support for threads (attaching to a thread, setting breakpoints
in threads, tracing a thread's stack, etc..

Solaris 2.3 and DEC AXP OSF1 also includes threads based on 1003.4a, so
extensions of gdb for these environments are also welcome.

I do already know of the Mach 3 Cthreads extensions for gdb (4.8).

Does their already exist a (extended) version of GNU gdb, which supports
pthreads?

---