positioning xterm icon

Post by Sajjad Late » Mon, 17 Mar 1997 04:00:00

: Help.  I want to start up a desktop application in an icon in a certain
: position on the screen and I can't quite figure out how.  For example:
<snip>
: This puts it in the upper left corner when it should put it near the bottom
: of the screen, so it seems my window manager is not honoring this.  I'm
: using fvwm (as opposed to Openwin or CDEcch) on Solaris...any ideas?

        Look into your .fvwmrc settings. From what I recall, FVWM has the
ability to assign an area where icons get placed when minimized. If you
do not have a .fvwmrc in your home directory, copy the one from the
apps-default directory to your home directory and modify it.

Hope this helps.
Sajjad

--
Sajjad Lateef                   http://www.eecs.uic.edu/~slateef/

1. Icons, Icon veiwer and Icon converter

Dear Newsgroup,

Looking for the following:

*  Sites and directories for icons that I can use in the toolbar when setting
    up new buttons in X
* An icon viewer for linux and I heard that you are able to get an icon
  converter from somewhere which allows you to convert icons from a Windows
  format *.ico to a format in X

Thank you to all.

DANIEL

2. AGP Diamond Speedstar A50 Setup Problem, need help

3. Netscape icon position

4. jdk 1.0.2 and linux (redhat) problem

5. Saving Icon Positions

6. Dell Inspiron 7000 D300LT notebook/ ATI 3D Rage LT Pro AGP 2X

7. Desktop icon positioning on KDE2

8. ID PROMS

9. Positioning of icons in Panel

10. icon position kmix