Sparc5/Solaris 2.4/Hayes Accura 144 modem

Sparc5/Solaris 2.4/Hayes Accura 144 modem

Post by Jonathan BW Leona » Thu, 29 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I'm trying to get a serial port working for dial-in on my Sparc5 under
Solaris 2.4 with a Hayes Accura 144 modem.  As soon as the workstation
is powered on (even _before_ it starts to boot!) the send and receive
data leds on the modem come on solid.  Needless to say, this isn't a
very useful setup.

Unfortunately, every part of the setup works individually.  I hook the
modem up to a Mac or PC and it works.  I hook the Mac up to my
workstation with a null modem cable and it works.  I've tried three
different cables (two 25-pin straight, one 9-pin straight) to connect
the workstation to the modem, none works.  If I stick any of these cables
into the Mac-to-workstation setup, it does work.

I've tried both serial ports on the workstation with the same result.
(That's not a big surprize.)  I've tried a variety of eeprom settings:
    ttyx-ignore-cd=true and false
    ttyx-rts-dtr-off=true and false
    ttyx-mode=several speeds, bit, parity, and flow control options

It's fair to say that I'm stumped: the whole is distinctly less than the
sum of its parts.

Any ideas?

UM - ITD Ed Services                     +1 (313) 936-1723
"Everything we come across is to the point." - John Cage

1. Dialer Script for Hayes Accura 144 under SCO Unix

Does anyone have a successful dialer script for the Hayes Accura 144 Modem
under SCO Unix? I would like to use this modem with a uugetty.

Thanx in advance.

--

Rick Poleshuck  | Voice - (908) 245-1177
                | Mail  - Rick Poleshuck & Associates
                |       - 308 Elizabeth Avenue, Cranford, New Jersey  07016

2. kernel 2.0.36

3. Hayes Accura 288V.34 modem with Solaris 2.4?

4. cannot open -ldl: No such file or directory

5. Hayes Optima 144 Configuration

6. Logfile Rotation

7. Connecting Hayes SmartModem OPTIMA 144 to RS6K

8. What does utmpd do?

9. help: connect a hayes compatible modem to Solaris 2.4

10. Hayes Accura PCI modem

11. Hayes PCI Accura 56K Internal Modem - Support?

12. Hayes Accura 56K external modem recently became poor in downloading data

13. Hayes Accura 56k Internal Modem