solaris 2.5 complete image hardisk backup ?

solaris 2.5 complete image hardisk backup ?

Post by georg » Sat, 06 Jul 1996 04:00:00

That is the question can a complete image backup of the system be made of
the solaris 2.5 system on a sun netra to tape?

by image I mean a full backup of all system files data etc ..

before I decide to enhance it .....

what utility and how ?

George

many thanks ....

Post by Ian G. Crozie » Sat, 06 Jul 1996 04:00:00

>That is the question can a complete image backup of the system be made of
>the solaris 2.5 system on a sun netra to tape?

>by image I mean a full backup of all system files data etc ..

>before I decide to enhance it .....

>what utility and how ?

utility to use is ufsdump
Quote:>George

>many thanks ....

1. FS: Solaris 2.5 Desktop (CDE) and/or Solaris 2.5 Server Packages for x86 desktops

 Hi All,

  Just wanted to pass on some excellent deals on Solaris 2.5.1 software with
the WABI user interface for x86 machines. The WABI allows you to run many
Windows 3.1 applications on a UNIX box, giving you the best of both worlds.
Imagine, running MS OFFICE components like, MS Word for Windows, Excel,
Powerpoint, and interfacing with the functionality of UNIX at the same time.

For a limited time, John Cristy, at Executive Tools, Inc.,
is offering:

  Solaris 2.5.1 User Desktop package for $175.00
  Solaris 2.5.1 Application Server package for $395.00

Ref URL http://www.etools.com for full information and additional products.

They also have a student special (99.00 + shipping)(yes, you read that
right, Solaris 2.5.1 user desktop for $99.00).

Mention my name, Bob Fahey, and he will throw in the Java Workshop for
$85.00. Mention my name anyway, as he wants to know what the response is to
this.
If asked where you heard this, tell them not just the web, but the Newsgroup
you read it on.  Thanks.

The Executive Tools web site URL http://www.etools.com also has some
excellent links to other Solaris and Sun information pages.

 Executive Tools is not associated with this posting, so, if you have any

 replies, good or bad!

--
//signed//

URL http://www.3lefties.com/users/faheyb.html
Famous quote by daughter Elizabeth, "If I was them cows, I'd run away!"

2. Need help adding tape drive

3. Is Solstice Backup bundled with Solaris 2.5?

4. RPC Zombies

5. Backup solutions for SunOS 4.1.4 and Solaris 2.5 ?

6. "elite" monitors by midwest micro, X

7. Informix 7.2 cannot backup on Solaris 2.5

8. Value too large for defined data type?

9. help: remote backup from SOLARIS 2.5 <=> sunos4.1.3:4mm-tape

10. Backup script for Solaris 2.5

11. Backup software for Solaris 2.5

12. Is there anyway to perform hardisk to hardisk copy for Linux ??