nfs on Solarix 2.4 x86

Post by Frank Keou » Tue, 24 Oct 1995 04:00:00

help...

with minimal docuementation I have solaris loaded on x86, I cannot
seem to get it to act as and NFS server, any points to what I missed
/did not do ?

When prompted  I set it up as a server, even though i suspect that
that has to do more with diskless clients.

thanks,

frank

nfs on Solarix 2.4 x86

Post by Andrew Gabri » Wed, 25 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Quote:> help...

> with minimal docuementation I have solaris loaded on x86, I cannot
> seem to get it to act as and NFS server, any points to what I missed
> /did not do ?

Did you share (export) any filesystems?
Look at /etc/dfs/dfstab and do a man on "share".
If there are no entries in /etc/dfs/dfstab at boot time, none of the
NFS server software is started up.

--

nfs on Solarix 2.4 x86

Post by Fletcher Cocquy » Wed, 01 Nov 1995 04:00:00

> help...

> with minimal docuementation I have solaris loaded on x86, I cannot
> seem to get it to act as and NFS server, any points to what I missed
> /did not do ?

> When prompted  I set it up as a server, even though i suspect that
> that has to do more with diskless clients.

> thanks,

> frank

"/etc/init.d/nfs.server start"

 System Administrator| Alberta Energy Company|  FAX: (403) 290-8234
 World Wide Web home page: http://www.cuug.ab.ca:8001/~cocquytf/

1. Solarix 2.4 x86 on IBM Thinkpad 755CD installation problems

After the initial device probes are launched and the system gives you
the option to boot-off different devices for installing 2.4 x86, the
system recognizes both the CD ROM and the hard drive on the IBM
thinkpad, which according to SUN is a supported and tested platform for
the 2.4 x86. After I select CD for installing the OS, nothing apparent
happens for a minute or so, i.e the CD ROM light does not light up, the
boot from the CD does not take place and the system is kicked backed to
the devices booting menu. I have dowloaded the three new disks with the
pathes and the new drivers etc. however I still can't boot off the CD.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

2. Two simultaneous kernels

3. Solarix 2.4 x86 Max Partition Size

4. SLIP Problem, Please Help Me

5. Motif for Solarix 2.4: IXI or Sun SDK?

6. Change Servers from RedHat 6.2 to FreeBSD 4.3

7. Sporadic NFS errors on Solaris/x86 2.4

8. Postfix

9. Sol x86 2.4: NFS Mount Problems

10. nfs and rsh problems with x86 2.4

11. Solaris 2.4 x86 NFS wierdness

12. diff from x86 2.4 to x86 2.5 ?

13. 2.4 iget5_locked port attempt to 2.4 (supposedly fixed NFS version this time)