2.6x86 on Toshiba Tecra 720 - network card problems

2.6x86 on Toshiba Tecra 720 - network card problems

Post by Jerzy Tomasi » Thu, 17 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I've received my 2.6 promo last night (yeah, it's real!) and installed
on a Tecra 720.  Most of the install went quite easy,
but I'm stuck with the network card - I'm using 3COM 3C562
(ethernet/modem).  From what I've read, the PCMCIA
daemon is supposed to notice this card when it's plugged in, and it sure
does, but only the serial part.  I end up with
pcser device, but no pcelx.  According to prtconf -D does not show a
driver for the network.

The Hardware Configuration Assistant reports that IRQ's 3, 9, 10, and 11
are not claimed on my system.

I called tech support and went through standard QnA session, but I'd
like to hear from someone who actually got it working.

Any ideas or real experiences?

TIA,

-Jerzy

2.6x86 on Toshiba Tecra 720 - network card problems

Post by Stuart Bigga » Thu, 17 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I have a 3C562 and I could not get it to work with x86
DU3.  I have a support contract - Sun told me that only
one section will work at a time under 2.6.  It is supposed
to be fixed in 2.7 and no patch will be issued for 2.6.

I didn't think that was a reasonable answer but I'm not
from Sun ...

Stuart