AMANDA-Backup 2

Post by Thomas Lademan » Thu, 13 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hi !

Have anyone experience with AMANDA-Backup ?

If anyone contact me, tell me how much sparcs / hp's
you backup with AMANDA and how long you use this tool.

Regards
     Thomas

AMANDA-Backup 2

Post by Zlatko Calusi » Fri, 14 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> Hi !

> Have anyone experience with AMANDA-Backup ?

> If anyone contact me, tell me how much sparcs / hp's
> you backup with AMANDA and how long you use this tool.

> Regards
>      Thomas

Amanda works very nice. We use it to backup 20+ machines, mostly
Sun's, but also OSF, Ultrix and Linux.

Server is SS20, 64MB RAM, 1.7 GB stage disk.

Thing works flawlessly for about one year (posibbly longer).

As admin, I'm very satisfied with it. Amanda is not so sofisticated as
some commercial backup servers (ie. Sun Networker), but is small and
functional enough. And you know, small is beautifull. :)

Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Zagreb, Croatia

                  ORG.ASM Not Found. Wife not happy!