Users can't ftp in

Post by Hung Michael Nguy » Sat, 22 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Hello,

One of my users tried to ftp to his account, and when he typed his
username at the prompt, the ftp program summarily said
"530 User xxxx access denied.\nLogin failed."

The funny thing is that the root and miker accounts have no trouble
ftp-ing into the solaris box.

We have a Sparc5 running 2.4

Thanks,
Mike.

Users can't ftp in

Post by Stephen Anspa » Sat, 22 Jul 1995 04:00:00

: One of my users tried to ftp to his account, and when he typed his
: username at the prompt, the ftp program summarily said
: "530 User xxxx access denied.\nLogin failed."

: The funny thing is that the root and miker accounts have no trouble
: ftp-ing into the solaris box.

  First thing to check is that /etc/shells is set up properly.  If your
users' shell isn't listed (e.g. bash, tcsh, etc.) it won't work...

--

- Steve

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?