Best Practices "Migrating Veritas VCS Cluster to SUN Cluster"

Best Practices "Migrating Veritas VCS Cluster to SUN Cluster"

Post by Jordan Catalan » Tue, 20 Jan 2004 00:50:01

Salut

Do you have any Best Practicies or Blueprints Paper?

Thanks for your support

cu

Post by Elia » Wed, 21 Jan 2004 04:01:54

> Salut

> Do you have any Best Practicies or Blueprints Paper?

> Thanks for your support

> cu

There is nothing specific to your topic but you can look at all of the
cluster blue print documents at:
http://www.sun.com/solutions/blueprints/browsesubject.html#cluster

I think that the best practices will depend very much on what
application or service you are clustering and what your goals are for
the new cluster.

Elias

1. Sun Cluster + QFS or Sun Cluster + Veritas

Right now I've got some 3.5 Veritas Clusters running Oracle8
that are due for an upgrade.

I'm playing around with the idea of getting rid of all of
our Veritas software and replacing it with Sun software
(since cluster is now free).

So it would be:

Solaris 10 (01/06 HW release, latest patches)
Sun Volume Manager
MPXIO
QFS
Sun Cluster 3.1

I've used Veritas for so long now & am weary of mixing it in
with Sun Cluster.  Ideally - I'd like to just go with one vendor
for my clustering.

Is MPXIO comparable to DMP?  Are people actually running Sun volume
manager under production Oracle DB's?  I've used SVM for mirroring
boot drives on web servers and app servers but never in the database
tier.

I've read that QFS can do the volume management all on it's own -
is that what people are typically using with Sun Clusters?

I'm reading the FAQs and white papers right now but would love to
hear from some people with real world experience with the stuff.

-Sanjay

2. Need Help

3. Clustering Sun: Sun cluster or Veritas?

4. Troubles with static NAT

5. Sun Cluster 3.0 vs Veritas Cluster Server

6. Linux and THINKPADS!

7. Veritas Cluster versus SUN Cluster

8. IP Configuration

9. VERITAS cluster server vs. SUN cluster -- Any recommendations ?

10. Veritas clustering vs SUN clustering

11. Sun Cluster 3 vs.Veritas VCS 3.5

12. "Best of breed" or "world class" software licensing practices?